One of the main features in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle expansion is the ability to vote for and enact Neighborhood Action Plans that directly affect how your neighbors act and the improvements or characteristics of that particular neighborhood. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to vote on Neighborhood Action Plans in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle and how you can make sure it wins the vote.
How to Vote on Neighborhood Action Plans
To vote on Neighborhood Action Plans, you’ll need to get Influence Points. Influence Points can be earned in a ton of different ways, from making friends with Sims, inviting them to your house, hosting parties, getting a promotion, and taking part in events and holidays to name a few.
Once you’ve got 10 Influence Points, all you need to do is head over to any Public Voting Board or your mailbox at your house and select the plan you’d like to vote for.
You can only vote for a Neighborhood Action Plan between the hours of Friday at 8am and Monday at 6pm.
Whichever Neighborhood Action Plan has the most votes when the clock strikes 6pm on Monday will be immediately enacted.
How to Make Sure It Wins
If you want to make sure that your Neighborhood Action Plan wins the vote and is enacted, there are a few things you can do.
- Influence Neighbors – By clicking on a Sim in your neighborhood, you can select the ‘Convince to Support’ option to make them vote for your chosen plan. This will cost 5 Influence Points, however.
- Use the Influence Points Cheat – By pressing Shift and clicking on the Mailbox or Public Voting Board, you can get 15 Influence Points immediately. You can repeatedly do this to ensure your plan has way more votes than any other.
- Immediately Enact Your Chosen Plan with a Cheat – Shift + Click on either the Public Voting Board or the mailbox and choose ‘Instant Enact Neighborhood Action Plan (Cheat).’
- Turn off NPC Voting – Press Esc > Game Options > Eco Lifestyle > Turn off Enable NPC Voting.
How to Remove a Neighborhood Action Plan
If you find that one of the action plans for your neighborhood just isn’t working out for you, or you just fancy a change, you can remove them.
To remove a Neighborhood Action Plan, go to your mailbox or a Public Voting Board and select the ‘Repeal’ option. You’ll then be able to select which plan you want to repeal. This option does cost you 10 Influence Points.
Now, with a bit of luck, your preferred Neighborhood Action Plan should win the vote and be immediately enacted. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to search for Twinfinite. You can also check out our extensive Best Sims 4 Mods list, or check out more coverage below.
- The Sims 4 Announces New Fashion Kits With Colorful Outfits
- The Sims 4 Comes Back To Spa Day With A Refresh Update
- The Sims 4: Cottage Living Is So Cozy (Hands-On Preview)
- Gameplay Trailer Revealed For The Sims 4 Cottage Living
- The Sims 4 Cottage Living Just Announced: Farming, Animals, And More