It’s no surprise that GTA Online has grown tremendously since it’s initial launch in 2013. Heists are at the forefront of activities to complete for online players. Here’s how to start heists in 2020 in GTA Online.
How to Start Heists in GTA Online
Ok, so you’ve got your crew and you’re ready to collect a big score. Well, something you’ll need before being able to do any heist is an apartment with a heist room.
The leader of the heist will need to be at least level 12 before you can begin.
Not every apartment you can purchase in GTA Online has a heist room so here is a list below of purchasable properties that include one.
You can purchase properties by clicking up on the D-pad to pull up your cellphone. Go to the browser and select Maze Bank Foreclosures. From there you can purchase any property you have the money for:
- Del Perro Heights, Apartment 7 – $200,000 (Del Perro)
- Del Perro Heights, Apartment 20 – $205,000 (Del Perro)
- 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 10 – $217,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
- 3 Alta Street, Apartment 57 – $223,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
- 4 Integrity Way, Apartment 30 – $235,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
- Richards Majestic, Apartment 4 – $241,000 (Rockford Hills)
- 4 Integrity Way, Apartment 35 – $247,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
- Richards Majestic, Apartment 51 – $253,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Tinsel Towers, Apartment 45 – $270,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Tinsel Towers, Apartment 29 – $286,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Weazel Plaza, Apartment 26 – $304,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Weazel Plaza, Apartment 70 – $319,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Weazel Plaza, Apartment 101 – $335,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Eclipse Towers, Apartment 9 – $373,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Eclipse Towers, Apartment 5 – $382,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Eclipse Towers, Apartment 40 – $391,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Eclipse Towers, Apartment 31 – $400,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Del Perro Heights, Apartment 4 – $468,000 (Del Perro)
- 4 Integrity Way, Apartment 28 – $476,000 (Downtown Los Santos)
- Richards Majestic, Apartment 2 – $484,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Tinsel Towers, Apartment 42 – $492,000 (Rockford Hills)
- Eclipse Towers, Apartment 3 – $500,000 (Rockford Hills)
These properties will allow players to invite their crew over to begin a heist. Simply go to the heist room and select from the available options to begin the setup for the mission.
The Doomsday Heist
The Doomsday Heist is one of two heists in GTA Online that requires a different building to complete the heist. You’ll need to purchase a facility in order to have access to it.
Facilities can be purchased just like any other property in GTA Online by going to the Maze Bank Foreclosures website on your cellphone.
- Paleto Bay – $1,250,000
- Mount Gordo – $1,465,000
- Sandy Shores – $2,740,000
- Zancudo River – $2,100,000
- Grand Senora Desert – $2,525,000
- Lago Zancudo – $1,670,000
- Route 68 – $2,312,000
- RON Alternate Windfarm – $1,855,000
- Land Act Reservoir – $2,950,000
Once you have purchased one of these you will have access to the Doomsday Heist and can invite your squad as normal.
The Diamond Casino Heist
Similar to the Doomsday Heist you’ll need to purchase a separate building to have access to this heist. After getting a call from Lester and meeting him in the park you’ll be told you need to purchase an arcade.
Here is a list of purchasable arcades in GTA Online.
- Warehouse – $2,135,000
- Videogeddon – $1,875,000
- Eight Bit – $2,530,000
- Insert Coin – $2,345,000
- Wonderama- $1,565,000
- Pixel Pete’s – $1,235,000
After obtaining one of the arcades listed above you’ll be sent on a few missions to recover arcade cabinets to fix it up. Then you will have to go stake out the Diamond Casino to get some intel.
After that, you’ll be all ready to start the Diamond Casino heist with your friends.
Well, that’s everything you need to know about how to start a heist in GTA Online. For more tips, tricks, and guides be sure to check out Twinfinite.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds GTA V, MLB The Show 21, and More in April
- GTA Online Update Improves Loading Times After Unofficial Fix Released
- Half of GTA Cayo Perico Users Played It as Single-Player Experience; Take-Two Comments on Seeking Perfection
- GTA V’s Lamar Roasts Franklin Scene Hits Peak Meme as Actors Reprise their Roles in Real Life
- New GTA Online: The Cayo Perico Heist Trailer Shows off El Rubio, Massive Parties, & More