With a new season comes new secret challenges in Fortnite. Following on from the ‘No Right to Bear Arms‘ and ‘Gnome More War‘ challenges from last season, this time we’re helping out some friendly little coral creatures. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to complete Fortnite’s Coral Buddies quest. For doing so, you’ll earn 25,000 XP.
How to Complete Fortnite’s Coral Buddies Secret Challenge
First, you need to find your new coral pals. They can be found right in the very north-west corner of the map, past the lighthouse. It can be found here on the map.
Once you land here, you’re looking out for a little pen of sorts right in the middle of the small island. To interact with it, you’ll need to harvest and give it 100 wood.
Use the trees around the island to rack up all the wood you need and then give interact with the little creatures in the pen by pressing X on Xbox One, Square on PS4, Y on Switch and E on PC.
This will complete Fortnite’s Coral Buddies quest, and you’ll be rewarded with 25,000 XP for doing so.
Quick Tip: You can actually complete this secret challenge in Playground mode, as we did to get the screenshots for you above!
It’s likely that there will be more secret challenges to do with your newfound coral friends throughout the rest of the season. We’ll be sure to cover those as and when they pop up and link them here so you can keep on earning some easy XP.
For more on Fortnite Season 3, head over to our guide wiki.
- Fortnite Aquaman Challenge Guide: How to Complete All Challenges & Unlock Aquaman Skin
- Fortnite Aquaman Week 4 Challenge: How to Complete Swimming Time Trial at Dirty Docks
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 4 Challenge List
- Fortnite: Where to Dance on Camera at Sweaty Sands (Season 3 Week 4 Challenge)
- Fortnite Motorboat Mayhem Location & How to Complete a Lap (Week 4 Challenge)