In the words of MGMT, “I said ooh girl, shock me like an electric eel.” Unfortunately, the electric eel doesn’t exist in Animal Crossing New Horizons, so the Ribbon Eel will have to do instead. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch the Ribbon Eel in Animal Crossing New Horizons, as well as how much you can sell it for.
Ribbon Eel Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Ribbon Eel can only be caught during certain months depending on whether your island is in the northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere. We’ve listed these below:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: December – April
As long as you’re playing the game during these months, the Ribbon Eel can be caught at any time of the day making it a little bit easier to catch.
How to Catch a Ribbon Eel in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The good news is that the Ribbon Eel is incredibly easy to catch as it’s fairly common and can be caught at any time of the day.
To catch a Ribbon Eel, simply make your way out to the ocean/ sea and cast your fishing rod.
You’re looking for a long shadow so try and catch any you see until you finally catch a Ribbon Eel.
Remember you can use Fishing Bait to force a random fish to spawn wherever you use it in the water.
Ribbon Eel Sell Price
The Ribbon Eel can be sold for 600 Bells at Nook’s Cranny.
Alternatively, if CJ is visiting your island, he’ll be Ribbon Eels for 900 Bells each. This isn’t the best fish you can catch if you’re looking to make fast bells, though.
That’s everything you need to know on how to catch a Ribbon Eel in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Head over to our wiki for more guides, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road