Animal Crossing New Horizons has plenty of fish and bugs to catch throughout different times of the year. Now that we’re approaching summer in the game, some other types of critters will start to appear. If you’ve been on the lookout for this particular “fish,” here’s everything you need to know about how to catch a Hammerhead Shark in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Catching a Hammerhead Shark in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Hammerhead Shark will only show up on your island during the following months for each hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: Jan – March, December
During these months, you can only catch a Hammerhead Shark between the hours of 4 PM and 9 AM, meaning that you’ll have to fish in the late evening or early in the morning. The shark will also only appear in the open ocean/sea and not in rivers or small lakes.
If you need help spotting the fish in the water, just try to look for a larger-shaped shadow with a fin sticking out of it.
You can see the Critterpedia listing for the Hammerhead Shark down below and just to note, that image contains data on the Southern Hemisphere, which is why the Seasonality seems to be off if you live in the Northern parts of the world.
Hammerhead Shark Selling Price
You can sell the Hammerhead Shark for 8000 Bells if you need the extra cash or you can wait for CJ to pop up on your island and he’ll give you a little bit extra. Or, if you want to help the Museum out, you can donate it to Blathers’ to fill up those humongous water tanks.
And that’s all you need to know about how to catch Hammerhead Shark in Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you’re looking for even more tips and tricks, be sure to consult our expansive Guide Wiki or just scroll down for more related content.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing Fans Have Been Getting Creative With This New Way To Customize
- Here’s What Animal Crossing: New Horizons Needs For a Fun-Filled Second Year
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Is Getting Updates and New Features for Its One Year Anniversary
- 10 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Villagers That Would Be Perfect Build-A-Bears