There are animals and bugs galore to catch in New Horizons, and June brings a bunch more to the game in the latest update. Here we’ll talk you through how to catch a Firefly in Animal Crossing New Horizons, its location, and exactly how much you can expect to earn when selling.
Firefly Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Firefly’s seasonality is as follows for northern and southern hemisphere islands respectively.
- Northern Hemisphere – June
- Southern hemisphere – December
During these months, the Firefly can only be caught between the hours of 7 pm and 4 am. Obviously, this means that in order to catch one you’ll need to be playing the game during the evening and very early morning hours.
How to Catch a Firefly in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Catching a Firefly is super simple; it’s more about the location and the time of day in which you attempt it rather than the process itself. So, first things first, Fireflys only spawn near rivers and other bodies of water. Since it’s such a common bug, there’s no specific area that works best — just head to the closest river or lake on your island during the aforementioned time window and follow these simple steps.
- Access your tool wheel using the d-pad and prepare your net for a catch.
- Once you’ve spotted a Firefly, simply approach it and press A to swipe one into your net.
As you’ll discover, Fireflies don’t really try and escape when you try and catch them so you should find this process very simple indeed.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Firefly Sell Price
The Firefly won’t net you a great deal at Nook’s Cranny, with a market value of just 300 Bells. Still, that’s better than a poke in the eye with a bug-catching net!
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New December Fish & Bugs You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch a Dung Beetle
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Puppies (Puppy Plushies)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients