As the real-life months come and go, they also will on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The change of months and seasons brings with it new fish and bugs to catch. One of these seasonal fish is the Arowana. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch Arowana in Animal Crossing New Horizons, as well as how much you can sell them for.
Catching the Arowana in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Arowana can only be caught during certain months. These depend on your hemisphere. We’ve listed what months you can catch this fish for each hemisphere below:
- Northern Hemisphere – June to September
- Southern Hemisphere – December to March
During these months, you’ll want to go to the River on your island. The Arowana can only be caught in your River, so don’t try fishing out at sea or in ponds.
Fortunately, it can be caught at any time of day, so you won’t need to load up your game at a particular time. Just keep on fishing in your river and eventually your luck should pay off.
Quick Tip: Using Fishing Bait can increase your chances of making rare fish spawn. The Arowana is a rare fish, so if you can, it’s worth giving this a try.
Arowana Sell Price
The Arowana can be sold for 10,000 Bells at Nook’s Cranny. If CJ shows up in your town, you can sell the Arowana for 15,000 Bells.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New December Fish & Bugs You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch a Dung Beetle
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Puppies (Puppy Plushies)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients