Minecraft Dungeons was released late last month and, although we found it to be a middling adventure, it has gotten some fanfare for its ability to capture the source material while embarking into a new genre. Even though you’d be hard-pressed to find something that matches it perfectly, there are plenty of games that closely resemble the gameplay and genre. Here are five games like Minecraft Dungeons if you’re looking for something similar.
The Diablo Series
Games Like Minecraft Dungeons
Clearly, Minecraft Dungeons was inspired by the gameplay and dungeon-crawling of this set of hack-and-slash titles, all the way down to the way the mini-map overlays on the screen.
Whether you decide to kick it old school with the original or Diablo II, prefer the more current-gen iteration in Diablo III, or want to wait for the upcoming release of Diablo IV, you won’t be disappointed if you like what you played in Minecraft Dungeons.
Although the religious plot and setting make this a bit more of a hardcore, M-rated option, with some amped up difficulty as well, you cannot deny the deep similarities between this entire group of games and the Minecraft spin-off.
- Minecraft Dungeons Hits 10 Million Players; Free New Cape & Pet on the Way in Celebration
- Minecraft Dungeons Flames of the Nether DLC Coming February 24
- Minecraft Dungeons Gets Cross-Platform Play With New Update
- Minecraft Reveals Caves & Cliffs Update; Minecraft Dungeons Getting Cross-Platform Play & DLC
- Minecraft Dungeons Creeping Winter DLC Launches Today