Minecraft Dungeons was released late last month and, although we found it to be a middling adventure, it has gotten some fanfare for its ability to capture the source material while embarking into a new genre. Even though you’d be hard-pressed to find something that matches it perfectly, there are plenty of games that closely resemble the gameplay and genre. Here are five games like Minecraft Dungeons if you’re looking for something similar.
The Diablo Series
Games Like Minecraft Dungeons
Clearly, Minecraft Dungeons was inspired by the gameplay and dungeon-crawling of this set of hack-and-slash titles, all the way down to the way the mini-map overlays on the screen.
Whether you decide to kick it old school with the original or Diablo II, prefer the more current-gen iteration in Diablo III, or want to wait for the upcoming release of Diablo IV, you won’t be disappointed if you like what you played in Minecraft Dungeons.
Although the religious plot and setting make this a bit more of a hardcore, M-rated option, with some amped up difficulty as well, you cannot deny the deep similarities between this entire group of games and the Minecraft spin-off.
- Minecraft Dungeons Mason & Diamond Dust: Everything You Need to Know
- Minecraft Dungeons’ Latest Update Includes a New Level, First Expansion Now Live
- Minecraft Dungeons Max Level Cap & Power Cap Guide
- Minecraft Dungeons Fighters Bindings: How to Get, Stats, Best Farming Locations
- Minecraft Dungeons: All Unique Weapons and Armor