If you’re looking for a good doggo to join you on your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you could do a heck of a lot worse than Goldie. With space for 10 anthropomorphic animals to join you on your island, Goldie is easily one of the cutest villagers you can have to fill these spots. This Animal Crossing New Horizons Goldie guide will talk you through how to get her to move to your island, as well as how to keep her happy with birthday presents and matching her personality.
How to Get Goldie in Animal Crossing New Horizons
As is the case with all villagers in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Goldie can be obtained in the following ways:
- Scan Goldie’s Amiibo – If you have or can borrow and scan Goldie’s amiibo (amiibo card) at the terminal in the town hall you can have her visit your campsite. Convince them to move to your island and she’ll take up one of the available plots.
- Have Her Randomly Show Up – Similar to the previous method, but you’ll find villagers will randomly show up at your island’s campsite. There are 393 villagers however, so you might just get lucky and have Goldie set up camp one day.
- Visit Nook Miles Islands – Once you’ve racked up 2,000 Nook Miles, you can redeem them at the terminal in resident services (Town Hall) for a Nook Miles Ticket. Use this to visit another island via Dodo Airlines. Sometimes a villager will also be exploring this island. If it’s Goldie, speak to and convince her to move to your island.
- Take Her From Another Player’s Island – If you visit another player’s island and speak to Goldie while she is in her packing state (has lots of cardboard boxes in her house) you can convince her to move to your island. Just make sure you don’t already have 10 villagers.
Goldie’s birthday is December 27. This makes her a Capricorn for those interested in getting all superstitious with their Animal Crossing villagers.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Goldie’s Personality
Goldie has a normal personality, otherwise known as the ‘sweet’ personality. This personality is exclusive to female villagers and often results in them being particularly friendly to the player.
The ‘normal’ personality is also the most common in Animal Crossing, with 71 villagers sharing this trait.
That’s everything you need to know about Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Goldie. For more guides, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Buy Animal Crossing: New Horizons at Target and Get a Free Journal
- Which Animal Crossing Villager Is Your Best Friend? Take This Quiz To Find Out!
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Halloween Reactions
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Has Come a Long Way From Bunny Day
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Pumpkin Carriage (Spooky Carriage)