Valorant, the upcoming first-person shooter from Riot Games, has a closed beta that is beginning on April 7. From the minds behind League of Legends, it’s highly anticipated and fans are looking to test the game out before launch. If you’re one of those avid fans, here’s everything you need to know about how to get a closed beta key for Valorant.
Riot is doing things a little differently for this beta, getting fans to do something specific to get a chance of nabbing a key rather than just giving them out. You have to follow certain steps.
How to Get a Valorant Closed Beta Key
The first thing you need to do is log into your Riot account, or create one if you haven’t already got one. Then, you need to link it to your Twitch account by heading to the connections part of your account via this link.
Then, you simply need to watch streamers that have drops enabled and are playing Valorant. Planet Valorant has put together a great list of streamers that will be taking part in the giveaways, so check that out and jump into their streams.
You don’t need to type anything in chat to get a key. In fact, there are no codes at all for it, since it’ll be tied to your account, so don’t be fooled by anyone who’s promising to give away keys in another way, because they won’t be legitimate.
If you’ve managed to get one and are invited to play the Valorant Closed Beta, you will either be notified by Riot via an email to your account associated with them, or you can check if you’ve been successful via your account on the Riot site.
Time needed: 1 hour.
In short, to get a closed beta key for Valorant,
- Set up a Riot Games account
- Link it to your Twitch account
- Watch streamers who are playing the game and have drops enabled
- Hope that you’re one of the lucky ones
That’s everything you need to know about how to get a closed beta key for Valorant. For more tips and tricks on the beta and the full game once it launches, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Valorant Patch 1.10 Launches Act III, New Map, & More
- New Valorant Agent Skye Release Date Confirmed, Utility Showcased
- New Valorant Map “Icebox” Teased For Act III; Riot Talks Ranked Changes
- Valorant Patch 1.08 Notes Reveal Raze Nerf, Guardian Buff, & Map Rotation Fix
- Latest Valorant Patch 1.07 Notes Reveal Sage & Killjoy Nerfs