With Warzone suffering from PC cheaters, players are looking to turn off crossplay to avoid aim bots and auto-headshot players. So that you can limit lobbies on your platform, here’s everything you need to know about how to turn off crossplay in Call of Duty Warzone.
Crossplay allows players on all systems to play together in the same lobbies. PS4, Xbox One, and PC players are all in one pool, filling lobbies easily and making games easy to find.
How to Turn Off Crossplay in Call of Duty Warzone
How easy it is to do completely depends on what platform you’re playing on. We’ll break it down by platform, starting with PS4.
PS4 players are the ones who have it easy. To turn off crossplay you need to first press Options to go to Settings. Then, scroll over to the Account tab, where you’ll see crossplay as the first option. You just need to move the option to the left or right to change it to disabled.
With it done, when you search for a game, a message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to search without crossplay enabled because it’ll take a little longer for the matchmaking. Just select no and it’ll find a game in a few seconds, so don’t worry.
Xbox One – Turn Off Crossplay in Warzone
It’s tricky on Microsoft’s console because turning crossplay off via the menus will stop the game from searching for matches. However, a Reddit user has found a way to make it work by altering the Xbox One system’s settings.
As u/Dkroegs2019 outlines, you need to:
- Go to your Xbox settings.
- Scroll to Account and click on privacy and online safety
- Click on Xbox live privacy
- Click on view details and customize
- Click on communications and multiplayer
- Change “you can play with people outside of Xbox Live” to block.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to search for a game with crossplay disabled on PC. However, since it is console players primarily trying to avoid PC cheaters, this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
That’s everything you need to know about how to turn off crossplay in Call of Duty Warzone. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- Call of Duty Warzone Is Seemingly Teasing Its Nuke Event for Next Week