Animal Crossing New Horizons has been one of the most eagerly anticipated video game releases for the Nintendo Switch ever since the console’s launch back in 2017, and it’s finally here. Aside from just making your island look as pretty as possible, players can also interact with their villagers and become best friends with them. Here’s how to increase your friendship level and get villager photos in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Increasing Friendship Level in Animal Crossing New Horizons
In Animal Crossing New Horizons, there are a few benefits to increasing your friendship level with your villagers. For starters, they’ll be more inclined to hand out random gifts, and they’ll also play mini-games with you and give you rewards for that. There’s no clear way to max out your friendship level, but we’ve listed a few things you can do down below to improve your relationship with them:
- Talk to them everyday: This is probably the most important one, as it is possible for a villager to contemplate leaving your island if you ignore them for a long period of time.
- Give them presents: Easily the best way to increase your friendship level with someone, you should definitely give gifts to your favorite villagers on a daily basis if you can. Any little thing will do, from furniture to fish and bugs, and even flowers that you’ve picked.
- Give them something on their birthday: Every villager in Animal Crossing New Horizons has a birthday and the best way to increase your friendship level is to present them with a gift then.
This should go without saying but if you want to maintain your friendship with a villager, you should definitely not annoy them by hitting them with your net.
By checking the Nook Miles app and looking at the True Friends category, you can keep track of how many villagers you’re now best friends with, which should give you a good idea of which ones have a maxed out friendship level with you.
Getting the Villager Photo
After you’ve maxed out your friendship level with a villager, they’ll be more inclined to give you gifts whenever they see you roaming about the island.
They’ll also be more likely to play mini-games with you as mentioned previously, and these are usually pretty simple treasure hunts that will reward you with a random gift afterwards.
In addition to that, there’s also a chance that you could get their unique villager photo as one of these random gifts if your friendship level is maxed out.
Not to be confused with the posters you can get on Harv’s island, the villager photo is smaller and framed, and it comes with their name and favorite quote. You can hang it up on your wall or display it on a shelf.
That’s all you need to know about increasing your friendship level and getting villager photos in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to search for Twinfinite or check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons