The Blue Weevil Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is one of many critters you’ll need to catch to complete Blathers’ museum collection. Just like all other fish and insects in the game, however, you’ll need to be in the right place at the right time. In this guide, we’ll talk you through everything you need to know to catch the Blue Weevil Beetle.
Catching the Blue Weevil Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
As we mentioned above, the Blue Weevil Beetle will only show up during certain months of the year. We’ve listed these below for both northern and southern hemisphere islands:
- Northern Hemisphere: July, August
- Southern Hemisphere: January, February
As you can see, this particular beetle only shows up during the peak summer months on your island.
During these months, the Blue Weevil Beetle will perch on the side of palm trees/ coconut trees on your island. They’re fairly rare, too, so don’t expect to see them just hanging around all the time.
Here are the steps to catch a Blue Weevil Beetle in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Find a Blue Weevil Beetle on a Palm Tree/ Coconut Tree
It’ll be on the actual trunk itself, rather than in the leaves.
- Equip your Bug Net and press and hold A
This will ready your net and allow you to creep towards the Blue Weevil Beetle so you don’t scare it.
- Creep towards the beetle and line up your net.
Make sure you’re in range and lined up so that you don’t miss the beetle with the swing of your net.
- Release A to swing your net and catch the Blue Weevil Beetle.
Blue Weevil Beetle Sell Price
You can sell the Blue Weevil Beetle to Timmy and Tommy for 800 Bells. If Nook’s Cranny is shut, you can leave it in the box just outside the store and can sell it for 640 Bells.
Also keep in mind that if Flick shows up in your town, he’ll buy the Blue Weevil Beetle for 1200 Bells.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New March Bugs, Fish & Sea Creatures You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Festivale Float
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Valentine’s Day Items