The original Nioh was highly praised for its fun combat system, as well as its surprisingly in-depth crafting and forging mechanics at the blacksmith. To really make full use of the blacksmith, though, you’ll need some crafting materials. Here’s how to get Umbracite in Nioh 2.
Getting Umbracite in Nioh 2
Just like in the first game, Umbracite is one of the basic crafting materials that’s used in pretty much anything involving the blacksmith. However, you won’t find it just lying around in the world all the time.
By far the easiest way to get it is by disassembling your old or unwanted equipment. After you unlock the blacksmith, go to her via the Starting Point menu and choose the Disassemble option. From here, you can disassemble your equipment in return for base materials and Umbracite Fragments.
Once you have enough Fragments, choose the Forge option at the blacksmith, and then choose Tools. From here, go to the Materials sub-tab, where you can forge a piece of Umbracite in exchange for 10 Umbracite Fragments.
It’s also worth noting that you can farm Umbracite by engaging in co-op play and helping out other players. Go to the Torii Gate from the Starting Point menu to join another player’s session, and if you manage to help them complete a mission, you could potentially be rewarded with crafting materials as well.
Having a good stock of Umbracite is very useful, as it’s most commonly used in tempering your weapons –a process that allows you to reroll your perks and effects on any piece of weapon or equipment. Because of the RNG involved, you’ll likely need to temper a piece of equipment multiple times, which is where having a stockpile of this crafting material comes in.
To recap, here’s how to get Umbracite in Nioh 2:
- After unlocking the blacksmith, disassemble your unwanted equipment for Umbracite Fragments.
- Choose the Forge option at the blacksmith, then choose Tools.
- From here, you can use 10 Fragments to forge one piece of Umbracite.
- You can also get more by engaging in co-op play and helping other players complete missions.
- Nioh 2’s ‘Darkness in the Capital’ DLC Launches Next Month; New Details & Key Art Revealed
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does