After the success and critical acclaim that Nioh received when it was released for the PS4 back in 2017, it’s no surprise that a sequel to the game would get green-lit so quickly. The game should feel immediately familiar to fans of the first game, as there are quite a few mechanics that make a return here as well. Here’s how to join a clan in Nioh 2.
Joining a Clan in Nioh 2
Similar to the first game, there are some competitive elements to the clan functionality in Nioh 2. Before you can join a clan, you’ll first need to unlock the Hidden Teahouse.
To do this, you’ll need to progress through the main story missions until you clear the first mission of the third region. Once you do so, you’ll unlock the Hidden Teahouse, and it becomes accessible via the Starting Point menu on the world map. While in the Teahouse, you can then choose the Clans option and choose the one you want to be aligned with.
Just like in the first game as well, joining a clan allows you to receive some passive buffs that will give you a slight benefit in the game. Once you’ve aligned with a clan, you can start participating in Clan Battles, which are basically weekly races to see which faction can earn the most Glory points within a certain timeframe.
To rack up Glory points, you can kill red Revenants by summoning them whenever you see their grave interaction points scattered around the world. You can also donate items and equipment to your own clan to rack up more points and try to win the battle that way.
You can also change your faction after each battle if you want to reap the stat benefits of the other clans.
To recap, here’s how to join a clan in Nioh 2:
- Play through the story until you reach the third region and unlock the Hidden Teahouse.
- Access the Hidden Teahouse from the Starting Point menu on the world map, then choose the Clans option.
- Choose the faction you want to be aligned with.
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does
- Nioh 2: Tips & Tricks for Beginners