Developed by Koei Tecmo and published by Sony, Nioh 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Japanese action game released back in 2017. The good news is that if you’re a newcomer to the series, you don’t need to have played the first game to jump into this one, as it introduces a few new characters for you to get acquainted with. Here’s how to quit a mission and return to the world map in Nioh 2.
Quitting Missions and Returning to World Map in Nioh 2
Just like in the first game, the structure of Nioh 2 is broken up into different missions and locations you can select from a world map. Within a mission or location, there are several shrines you can interact with to track your progress as you try to complete your objective. However, if you feel that a mission is a little too hard for you at the moment, you can always quit out of it completely.
To do this, you’ll need to make use of an item called the Divine Branch Fragment. This item is automatically given to you at the very start of the game, and allows you to quit a mission and return to the world map.
However, do be warned that using the Divine Branch Fragment will cause you to lose all your Amrita, so keep that in mind before quitting out completely.
To use it, simply press the touchpad to bring up the menu, select Items, then go to the Key Items tab. From here, choose the Divine Branch Fragment and use it to quit the mission. You can also set it as a shortcut on your hotbar so you can access it quickly without having to go to the item menu each time.
To recap, here’s how to quit a mission and return to the world map in Nioh 2:
- Bring up your menu with the touchpad and choose the Items option.
- Go to the Key Items tab.
- Choose the Divine Branch Fragment and use it to quit out.
That’s all you need to know about how to quit missions and return to the world map in Nioh 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game, or check out our Nioh 2 guide wiki.
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does
- Nioh 2: Tips & Tricks for Beginners