After the critical success that was the original Nioh from Team Ninja, it’s no surprise that the game would get greenlit for a sequel so quickly. Nioh 2 is a follow-up to the 2017 action game, and features a new cast of characters for players to get acquainted with, but many things remain the same. Here’s how to get and use Ochoko Cups in Nioh 2.
Getting and Using Ochoko Cups in Nioh 2
Just like in the first game, if you’re having trouble with a mission, it is possible to summon visitors and other players to your world to help you out. To do this, you’ll need special items called Ochoko Cups.
They’ll be pretty hard to come by early on in Nioh 2, but if you know how to make use of the shrine functions, you can get your hands on a few of them.
Interact with any shrine and choose the Make Offering option. From here, choose the Kodama Bazaar, and you’ll see a bunch of items on sale. The Bazaar inventory will increase as you guide more Kodamas back to the shrines. Ochoko Cups and be bought here for two Divine Rice each, so go ahead and grab some if you need them.
Aside from that, Ochoko Cups can also be obtained as item pickups while you’re exploring the world, so keep an eye out for them.
How to Use Ochoko Cups in Nioh 2
There are a couple of different ways to use Ochoko Cups in Nioh 2. The first is by interacting with a shrine and choosing the Call Visitor option, which would allow you to offer up one Ochoko Cup to summon another player to your world.
Alternatively, if you’re connected online, you can also see blue grave pickups scattered across the world. Go nearer to any of these blue graves and you’ll see the details of their associated revenant, including the rarity of their gear and level. Depending on how high their level is in proportion to your own, you may need two or three Cups to summon them.
To summon them, press and hold the circle button to use your Ochoko Cups, and they’ll join your world as an AI-controlled character.
To recap, here’s how to get and use Ochoko Cups in Nioh 2:
- You can get them from the Kodama Bazaar for two Divine Rice each.
- They can also be obtained via item pickups in the world.
- Offer a Cup at the shrine to summon another player to your world.
- Alternatively, interact with a blue grave to use your Cups to summon an AI-controlled partner.
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does
- Nioh 2: Tips & Tricks for Beginners