After the success of the original game released for PS4 back in 2017, it’s no surprise to see that a sequel to Nioh was green-lit so quickly. Nioh 2 features a brand new story and cast of characters for players to follow, along with a few new gameplay mechanics to get acquainted with. Here’s how to get and use Lantern Plant Fruit in Nioh 2.
Getting and Using Lantern Plant Fruit in Nioh 2
The Lantern Plant Fruit is a new consumable item introduced in Nioh 2. If you read the description, it says that it helps to restore your Anima gauge, which is the purple bar right below your health and Ki bars in the top left corner of the screen.
The Anima gauge allows you to enter your Yokai form and use the new burst counter mechanic. Once it completely depletes, you’ll need to wait for it to recharge again. However, if you have a few Lantern Plant Fruits on hand, you can make use of them to restore a portion of your Anima gauge immediately.
It can be used like any other consumable item, and you can map it to one of your item shortcuts to use it anytime you want. It’s basically a less effective version of the Red Spider Lily, which refills your entire Anima gauge.
The Lantern Plant Fruit is a pretty rare item drop, especially early on in Nioh 2. You’ll be able to get one for free when talking to the NPC in the shack in the first mission, but beyond that, you’ll have to try to farm them from Yokai and human enemies. The drop rates seem to be fairly low, but you’ll come across them as you play through the game naturally.
To recap, here’s how to get and use the Lantern Plant Fruit in Nioh 2:
- Lantern Plant Fruits can be obtained randomly as drops from Yokai and human enemies.
You can get your first one from the NPC in the locked shack in the first mission.
- Assign the Fruit to one of your item shortcuts, then use it to restore your Anima gauge.
- Koei Tecmo Promises to Address Nioh 2’s PC Performance and Mouse & Keyboard Issuse in Upcoming Updates
- Nioh & Nioh 2 Remastered Complete Edition for PS5 & PC Get Trailer & Screenshots to Celebrate Release
- Nioh 2 Remastered for PS5 Gets Another 17 Hours of Gameplay as Duo of Japanese Streamers Clears the Game
- Nioh 2 Remastered for PS5 Looks As Deadly As Ever in 29 Hours of Gameplay
- Koei Tecmo Announces Record Quarter; Hyrule Warriors, Nioh 2, & Atelier Ryza 2 Shipments Revealed