Easily one of the biggest complaints that players had with the original Nioh was that you were forced to play as the dull William Adams, and there was no option to create your very own avatar or character. Koei Tecmo definitely took those concerns to heart, and have made some changes in the sequel. Here’s how to change your character appearance in Nioh 2.
Changing Character Appearance in Nioh 2
Unlike the original game, Nioh 2 features a proper character creator, allowing you create a custom avatar that you can play as in the game. While your character doesn’t seem to have much voice acting or lines to say, this definitely does make up for having to play as William for the whole experience.
At the start of the game, you’ll be able to create your character as per normal, and fiddle around with various options and sliders to get them to look just the way you want. However, if you end up wanting to tweak their appearance later on, you can do that as well.
Whenever you’re on the world map in Nioh 2, simply choose the Starting Point and go back to the Hut. From here, you’ll see a menu and a list of things you can do in the hut, including a Change Your Appearance option.
Choose that option, and you’ll be taken straight back to the character creator where you can basically redo your entire character to make them look completely different. Everything can be changed here, and you can even change their gender as well, if you so choose.
Once you’re happy with your new appearance, save your changes and go back to the game, and you can continue playing as per normal.
To recap, here’s how to change character appearance in Nioh 2:
- From the world map, choose the Starting Point and go back to the Hut.
- Choose the Change Appearance option and redo your character as you see fit.
- Save your changes and go back to the game.
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does
- Nioh 2: Tips & Tricks for Beginners