Armor is one of the most important numbers to keep your eye on in Doom Eternal. Once it drops to zero, then you’ll be completely left open to the onslaught of demon attacks. Make sure that doesn’t happen and keep the Doom Slayer alive. Here’s how to get more armor in Doom Eternal.
Getting More Armor in Doom Eternal
Since the first Doom game came out on PC over 25 years ago, picking up armor has been a crucial part of the series. Not only does it go towards 100 percent completion of the level, but it will also protect you from taking too much damage at the hands of Hell’s army.
Those little green rectangles in the image above are what the armor pick-ups look like in Doom Eternal. Run over one of them and you’ll instantly add the armor. The green bar and number in the lower left of the screen let you know how much armor you have left.
If you’ve already picked up all the armor you can find, you’re not completely out of luck. You can still get more armor from demons if you use a certain attack to kill them.
There’s a special move known as the Flame Belch that can be activated when you press the triangle button. If you kill an enemy with this attack, then it will drop a massive amount of armor for you to pick up.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here’s a quick summary of how to get more armor in Doom Eternal:
- Pick up the green pieces of armor on the ground
Just walk right over them and they’ll get added to your armor bar
- Flame Belch
If you’ve picked up all the armor you can, then you’ll want to press triangle to unleash the Flame Belch attack
- Watch the armor fly
The Flame Belch will give you a huge amount of armor to pick up, so use the attack wisely
- Check Out Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two’s Explosive Full Trailer
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two Revealed in New Teaser
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals