Doom Eternal is a lightening fast game, just as the first one was. You’ll be smashing through the skulls of demons and leaping between decaying platforms as you try to stop the Khan Makyr. If you’re looking to make the action even quicker though, here’s everything you need to know about whether you can sprint and run faster in Doom Eternal.
While most of Doom Eternal is at break-neck speed, which is a big part of why it’s so fun, some of the sections between fights and arenas can feel a little slow in comparison.
In reality, the movement is still very fast, especially if you were to compare it to another modern shooter, but it’s not quite the instantaneous movement of Glory Kills.
Can You Sprint & Run Faster in Doom Eternal?
In short, there’s no way to actually sprint in Doom Eternal. Pressing R3 or quickly tapping X/A, like in other games, doesn’t work here.
The only way to go quicker is to dash with circle if you’re on PS4 (B on Xbox One), which will see you move quickly in the direction you’re trying to go. Unfortunately, you’re only able to dash twice before it has to recharge.
It doesn’t take long to do so, but it means you can’t move at top speed constantly when trying to make it between combat or platforming sections.
When in combat, the best thing to do to get around quickly is to Glory Kill. If an enemy is flashing orange, you’ll be able to press R3 and almost teleport to where they are.
You probably won’t notice any slower movement in combat, since you’ll be pretty distracted by the enemies, but dashing is your only real option when just exploring.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals
- Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part One’s Epic Launch Trailer Hypes the Mayhem
- Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Atelier Ryza, Doom Eternal & Plenty More Figures Revealed by Good Smile