While Doom Eternal is mostly about fighting hordes of demons with huge guns and a variety of melee moves, platforming sections often break up the action. So that you can continue through the game’s story, here’s everything you need to know about how to break walls in Doom Eternal.
Throughout the game, you’ll see walls that look like the one in the screenshot down below.
That exact crack pattern on a wall means it can be broken and it will look one of two ways. First is with that neon green glow, which indicates that it’s where you need to go for the level to continue. It’s helpful to know that green always means that’s the way to go, throughout the game.
However, you may also spot the same pattern without the green glow. The wall is still broken in the same way, but they usually hide things like armor or secret collectibles instead of being a path you can go down.
How to Break Walls in Doom Eternal
When you see them, in any form, you’ll want to break them to get what’s behind or continue along the game’s path. Thankfully, there’s two ways to do so.
First, you can just use the normal melee, which is done with R3, to smash them, but you can also use dash (circle on PS4 and B on Xbox One) to break through them.
You’ll often need to break walls while in the air, so learning how to dash through them can be helpful when the normal melee option isn’t possible.
|Doom Eternal Platform||Break Walls Input|
|PlayStation 4||Circle or R3|
|Xbox One||B or R3|
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals
- Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Part One’s Epic Launch Trailer Hypes the Mayhem
- Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima, Atelier Ryza, Doom Eternal & Plenty More Figures Revealed by Good Smile