Doom Eternal is finally out and it’s more brutal than ever. If you’re jumping into the action, you’ll probably want to get your hands on the series’ famous rifle. So that you can give yourself a great chance in every fight, here’s everything you need to know about how to get the BFG 9000 in Doom Eternal.
If you weren’t already aware, the BFG is a huge laser weapon that gets more powerful as it travels past enemies, taking out almost anything in its way. Ammo is rare, but it can be a huge help when you’re in big trouble in a fight.
There will be some story spoilers below, so read on at your own risk.
How to Get BFG 9000 in Doom Eternal
You’ll actually get the BFG 9000 as part of the story. You can’t miss it but it doesn’t make its appearance very early in the game.
At maybe just over half way through the game, you’ll travel towards Mars in your search for the final Hell Priest. To get in, you need to blast a hole in the planet to reach its core.
The humans are using the BFG 9000 as a huge cannon to destroy the demons and you need to use it to destroy Mars.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll take the base of the BFG out of the cannon and take it or yourself. You’ll then be able to select it from your weapon wheel when you want it. Be sure to use it sparingly though.
With there being so many other great weapons, on top of the BFG 9000, in Doom Eternal, you don’t need to rely on just one.
- Check Out Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two’s Explosive Full Trailer
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part Two Revealed in New Teaser
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Control, Doom Eternal, and More in December
- Doom Eternal Adds New Master Level: Super Gore Nest; Will Come to Xbox Game Pass PC Soon
- Doom Eternal Is Coming to Switch Next Week, New Trailer Reveals