Warzone, the long-awaited Call of Duty battle royale game, is finally available as a standalone free title or as a new mode in Modern Warfare. With the action being focused on teams of three, you’re likely going to want to play with some of your friends. So that you can all jump into a match together, here’s everything you need to know about how to play with friends in Call of Duty Warzone.
The easiest way to play with friends is to group up in a lobby and join a game from there. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to do so and works in a similar way to the co-op and multiplayer modes in Modern Warfare.
How to Play With Friends in Call of Duty Warzone
The first thing you need to do is actually load into the Warzone mode. Since it doesn’t allow for splitscreen play, it’s a little fussier than the other multiplayer modes in Modern Warfare.
Time needed: 1 minute.
To play with friends in Call of Duty Warzone
- Press triangle if you’re on PS4 (Y on Xbox One) to head to the social menu before looking for a match.
- Cycle through the menu to the player you want to play with. Press X/A on them to bring up the menu.
- Select Invite to Party and then confirm the invite.
- Then, once they’ve accepted it, they will join your lobby and you’ll be able to see their character wandering with yours. It’ll also say 2/20 or 3/20 in the top right, instead of 1/20 when it was just you.
- You’re then safe to look for a game and you’ll join as part of the same squad.
That’s everything you need to know about how to play with friends in Call of Duty Warzone. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- Call of Duty Warzone Is Seemingly Teasing Its Nuke Event for Next Week