Creating or visiting a Tarantula Island in Animal Crossing New Horizons is something even arachnophobes will be signing up for once they consider how much cash is on the line. But it’s easier said than done. Here we’ll explain exactly how to get to and/or create Tarantula Island.
First, let’s actually remind ourselves the point of this little trip — which admittedly doesn’t sound very fun at a glance.
Money talks, cash is king, etc, right? Well, if you didn’t already know, harvesting Tarantulas in New Horizons is one way to earn mega dosh. 8000 Bells each, to be precise, which means visiting an island full of Tarantulas is going to earn you a whopping big payday. Here we’re explaining not only how to get to Tarantula Island but also how to make your own one, too.
How to Get Tarantula Island in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The standard method of visiting the island is by going on a Mystery Tour from the Airport. Unfortunately, as the tour’s name would suggest, you aren’t guaranteed to go to Tarantula Island — your destination is totally random, and unfortunately, the Tarantula Island is a rare spawn.
Still, you’re essentially in with a grin of winding up there, so you may consider it worth paying the 2000 Nook Miles required for a Nook Miles ticket anyway, regardless of how unlikely it might be. More on the process of purchasing that ticket here.
Making a Tarantula Island
The other way to score yourself a bunch of Tarantulas is by actually creating an environment in which they are likely to spawn. The reason why we wouldn’t suggest this as the go-to method is because it’s technically an exploit.
To use this method, you’ll still need to purchase a Mystery Tour ticket as before, but this time if you don’t wind up at the standard Tarantula Island you’ll simply clear the island and wait for them to spawn.
So how exactly does that work? Well, Tarantulas typically spawn on large flat and empty islands, so by totally clearing the island of everything you’re creating their ideal habitat.
If that sounds like something you want to try then keep the following in mind:
Time needed: 10 minutes.
To sum up how to get to Tarantula Island in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Purchase a Nook Miles Ticket and go on a Mystery Tour, but make sure you do so at night time (after 7 PM)
- Take only the bare essentials required to completely demolish the island of resources (stone axe, shovel, bug net, ladder, etc).
- When you arrive, cut down every tree, catch every bug, break every rock, and pick every flower until the entire island is clear.
- From here it is just a case of walking around the map and waiting for Spiders to spawn. If you see any other creatures then chase them away to maximize the chance of Spider spawn.
That should be everything you need to know about how to get to Tarantula Island and how to create one in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more useful tips and guides on the game do check out Twinfinite’s extensive guide wiki.
- Pokemon’s Pallet Town Adorably Recreated in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- 8 Games Like Animal Crossing If You’re Looking for Something Similar
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Not Catch Eggs When Fishing
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Unlock Terraforming
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch Turtle