Fishing is among the classic activities of Animal Crossing New Horizons right there with catching bugs. It just wouldn’t be Animal Crossing without it! So of course, there are plenty of fish for you to catch during your time on the island but some are only around for a limited amount of time. One such fish is the Sturgeon. In this guide, we’ll go over how you can get a Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons and when and where you can find them.
How to Get Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Sturgeons can be found only in the early and late parts of the year. Specifically, they appear in January, February, and March and again in September, October, November, and December. If you’re following a standard seasonal calendar, you can kind of imagine them leaving when it starts to get hot and return when it starts to get cool again.
While they are in season during the above months, you need to go to the mouth of the river, where the river meets the ocean. Sturgeons are around at any time of the day conveniently so don’t worry too much about that.
Sturgeons are BIG fish, so if you can manage to catch one, you’ll be handsomely rewarded as they sell for a hefty 15,000 Bells. Not too shabby!
In short, you need to fish under these circumstances to get Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Between December and March at any time of day.
- At the mouth of the river where it meets the ocean.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our extensive wiki guide or you can just search for Twinfinite for everything else.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.1.4 Update Finally Nerfs Egg Drop Rates
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Store Turnips
- Game of Pac-Man Remade in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Pokemon’s Pallet Town Adorably Recreated in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing: How to Improve Your Town Rating Easily