Animal Crossing: New Horizons has finally arrived on the Nintendo Switch. While you’re busying creating your character, choosing your island layout, and starting out with your new life, you may look back with regret. Perhaps the island layout isn’t perfect. Or maybe you just wound up with two terrible neighbors and you’re just not down to deal with ’em. Here’s how to reset Animal Crossing: New Horizons to start a new island.
Resetting Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Now, the problem is, if you’re looking to completely start the game over, you’ll have to dive into your Nintendo Switch’s system settings.
Select this from your home screen, and then select ‘Data Management.’ Here, at the bottom of the options here, you’ll find ‘Delete Save Data.’
Press A on this and then select Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Doing so will then delete all save data for the game from your Nintendo Switch. You’ll now be able to start a new island from scratch, just as you did the first time you booted up the game.
Keep in mind, however, that doing this will delete your island forever. There will be no way of going back once you do it.
Deleting a Player
If you’re just wanting to remove a single player from your island, you can do so by pressing – when you’re at the main menu screen. This will then give you the option to delete a player, but the first person who created the island can never be deleted.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons