Animal Crossing New Horizons will throw you onto a deserted island with not much for you to work with, which is why you’ll be using Tom Nook’s workbench to craft new items like axes and shovels in the Resident Services building. If you’re needing a certain material to craft a specific item, here’s everything you need to know about how to get clay in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get Clay in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Clay is an important material in Animal Crossing New Horizons, as it is used to make certain things from the crafting table. In order to get ahold of some clay, it’s actually pretty simple to accomplish.
All you need to do is find a rock on the ground somewhere on your island (there should be a couple) and then hit the rock with your shovel by pressing the A button while standing in front of it. Once you hit the rocks, material will start to pop out of it, with there being a chance for clay to appear.
If you do this over and over again on all of the rocks on the island, you’re bound to find some clay eventually. Just be on the lookout for the little pieces of brown rock that pop out –that’s how the clay will look like.
By doing this, you’ll also find stones, iron nuggets, and some other useful items.
Time needed: 1 minute.
To sum up how to get clay in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Find a rock on your island.
- Stand in front of it and press A to hit it with your shovel.
- Repeat this until pieces of clay start popping out of the rock.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you know everything there is to know about how to get clay in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more tips and tricks, be sure to consult our ever-expanding Guide Wiki or search Twinfinite. You can also scroll down for even more of our coverage on the game.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fan Crochets the Most Adorable Gyroids
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Cooking System Is Fueling My Island Café Problem
- 5 Features We Wish Made It Into Animal Crossing New Horizon’s Final Update
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Version 2.0 Update is Now Live
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise