While there are only a limited number of things you can do each day in Animal Crossing New Horizons, if you’re looking for more ways to spend your time, you could always try your hand at fishing. With that in mind, there’s no greater specimen to catch than the legendary Coelacanth itself. Here’s how to get the Coelacanth in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting the Coelacanth in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Coelacanth is a mainstay in the Animal Crossing games, and is the most valuable fish you can find. If you manage to nab one of these, you can sell it off for 15,000 Bells, but don’t forget to donate one to the museum for Blathers first, of course.
The spawn rate for this fish is pretty low, and you’ll only be able to catch it when the weather is rainy. As long as there’s rain, it doesn’t matter whether it’s night or day, you’ll have a chance of encountering this living fossil in Animal Crossing New Horizons. In addition to that, if there’s a thunderstorm, your chances of encountering it will be higher as well.
Whenever it’s raining, make sure to fish in the open sea, as that’s where it’ll be. You’ll also want to look out for the bigger, fatter fish silhouettes. Once you hook it, you’ll be able to tell if you’ve managed to land a Coelacanth by the heavy rumble of the controller.
It’s worth noting that you have a chance of getting thunderstorms or rainy weather by visiting mystery islands, regardless of what the weather’s like on your own island. If you’re looking to farm this fish, it might be a good idea to go island-hopping until you find a rainy island where you can try to farm for it.
Here’s how to get the Coelacanth in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Wait till it’s raining, or there’s a thunderstorm going on.
- Look for the bigger and fatter fish silhouettes in the open sea and start fishing.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons