With the release of patch 5.2 for Final Fantasy XIV, there’s a whole slew of new story content to dive into, including a brand new dungeon added to the level 80 roulette. If you want to be prepared, here’s an Anamnesis Anyder dungeon guide for FFXIV Patch 5.2.
FFXIV Anamnesis Anyder Dungeon Guide
Just like all standard dungeons in FFXIV, there are a total of three bosses in Anamnesis Anyder, along with trash mobs to deal with along the way. We’ve listed all three bosses down below, along with the main moves you need to be aware of.
- Fetid Fang: Tank buster. Use cooldowns and heal as necessary.
- Scrutiny: Multiple red orbs spawn on the field with circular AoEs beneath them. Find a safe spot to stand on in between the orbs.
- Luminous Ray: A red orb spawns at the boss’ mouth. Move out of its way to dodge the attack.
- Inscrutability: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- Clear Out: Frontal cone AoE. Dodge as necessary.
- Ectoplasmic Ray: Orange stack marker appears on a player. Stack to reduce damage.
Towards the end of the fight, another Unknown will spawn in the fight. Defeat the original one first before focusing your efforts on the new foe.
- The Final Verse: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- Eye of the Cyclone: Big AoE attack. The only safe spot is within melee range of the boss.
- Terrible Hammer/Terrible Blade: The boss will cast these back to back in random order. Hammer and Blade symbols will appear on the ground. If the boss casts Hammer first, Blade will come after, and the Hammer symbols will explode first, followed by the Blade symbols. To avoid damage, stand on the symbols of the spell that was cast second, then immediately move out of the way.
- 2,000-mina Swing: Circular AoE that hits everything within melee range of the boss. This attack comes quickly after Terrible Blade/Hammer so be prepared to move out of the way.
- Raging Glower: Frontal line AoE in front of the boss. Dodge as necessary.
- Bonebreaker: Tank buster. Use cooldowns and heal through as necessary.
- Seabed Ceremony: Group-wide AoE. Heal through as necessary.
- Depth Grip: The boss moves to the edge of the arena and a blue row appears in the middle of the room, spawning four water hands. The hands will hit whatever’s in front of them, so look at the direction the palms are facing and dodge as necessary.
- Falling Water: Blue markers target two random players. Take the markers to the side and avoid hitting other players with them.
- Rising Tide: A cross-style AoE appears from the boss’ body. Dodge as necessary.
- When you see the prompt that ripples are appearing from the grates at the side of the arena, each player needs to stand on top of a grate to prevent water hands and adds from spawning.
That’s all you need to know about the new Anamnesis Anyder dungeon in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game. If you’re looking to continue the MSQ, or if you need help with the Huaca riddle duty, we’ve got you covered as well.