Pokemon Sword and Shield have tons of different Pokemon to catch and raise as your own but if you’re having trouble catching one of the legendary Pokemon, you might want some help. Here’s everything you need to know about how to get Master Balls in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
What Are Master Balls Used For?
Master Balls have been around since the beginning of Pokemon history (Red and Blue) and are used to catch Pokemon but if you use this special ball, the capture rate goes up to 100%, letting you catch the most legendary Pokemon on the planet or a Weedle… it’s really all up to you how you want to use it.
Typically, you could only obtain one Master Ball in a Pokemon game but in Sword and Shield, there is a way to get but it’s extremely hard to get that second one but we’ll tell you how to get the first one and if you’re feeling lucky, how to get an extra one.
How to Get Master Balls in Pokemon Sword and Shield
Time needed: 15 hours.
To sum up how to get Master Balls in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- First off, you need to beat the Champion Cup and watch the credits roll which means that you need to get all eight badges and beat the game essentially.
- Once you do that, you’ll be warped back to your home town of Postwick and once you leave your room, an NPC will be in your home and they’ll simply give you the Master Ball as a reward for beating the game.
- Make sure to use it wisely as you won’t be able to get another one, as part of the story anyways.
- Another way to get a Master Ball is by speaking to the Rotom at the PC in any Pokemon Center and participating in the Loto-ID every day.
You can win prizes based on the ID number of your Pokemon in your boxes and if they match the winning number, you can win a Master Ball, but you need to match at least five of the numbers.
And that’s all you need to know about how to get Master Balls in Pokemon Sword and Shield. If you’re looking for more tips and tricks, be sure to check out our Guide Wiki, search for Twinfinite, or simply look down below:
- Where to Get Eevee in the Game
- Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- How to Get Cufant and Evolve It Into Copperajah