Developed by Obsidian and Private Division, The Outer Worlds is, hands down, one of the most exciting game releases of 2019. It comes with a whole cast of new characters and companions for you to get acquainted with, and take with you on your travels as well. Here’s how to change companions in The Outer Worlds.
How to Change Companions in The Outer Worlds
In The Outer Worlds, you can have up to two companions with you at any given point in time. Once you accrue more than two companions, you’ll need to pick and choose the ones you want to bring along with you.
Each time you exit your ship, the Unreliable, you’ll be given the opportunity to pick the two companions you want to take along with you. All you have to do is select the character you want, then press X (or A if you’re on Xbox One) to highlight them, then proceed on with the mission.
If you happen to change your mind about one character for some reason or another, you can talk to them by pressing square/X, then selecting the dialogue option that asks them to part ways with you and return to the ship.
Do note, though, that you’ll need to manually head back to the ship and talk to the other companions you want as a replacement. Because of that, it’s generally better to just be sure of who you want to take with you right before you leave the ship so you don’t have to keep swapping them out.
To sum up, here’s how to change companions in The Outer Worlds:
- Before you exit the Unreliable, you’ll be able to select your companions.
Select them with square/X, then proceed on with your adventure.
- To change companions, talk to the one you want to dismiss, and choose the dialogue option that asks them to go back to the Unreliable.
- Talk to the companion you want as a replacement to get them to follow you.
- Flaws Explained: What They Do & Should You Accept Them
- How to Change Character Appearance
- How to Sneak & Stealth Attack