Luigi’s Mansion 3 is the latest Switch exclusive from Next Level Games that stars Luigi, once again, as he is tasked with rescuing Mario and Peach from some tricky ghosts in a massive hotel. If you’re having trouble figuring out how to beat Polterkitty in Luigi’s Mansion 3.
How to Beat Polterkitty in Luigi’s Mansion 3
As soon as you retrieve the elevator button from the film director and head back to the elevator, a purple ghostly kitty cat will steal the button from you, leaving you on a wild goose chase to find and defeat Polterkitty.
You can use your dark light to track down its footprints and it’ll lead you back to the soundstage where the burning buildings were. The cat will jump back and forth from house to house and will eventually hide underneath the bench, allowing you to use the strobe light on it to awaken its true form.
When Polterkitty jumps on the roof of the building, you need to just turn around and stand still. The cat will slowly approach you from behind and you need to wait for the perfect moment to use the strobe light or else the cat will run away and jump back onto the roof. When Polterkitty raises its paws, that’s the time to strobe it and then you can suck up its tail with the vacuum.
After you do that, it’ll run to the main room to the right and it will hide on the top of the rafters. Knock it off the rafter by going up there with Luigi and then the cat will phase through the ground and go into the seventh floor.
Use the elevator to head down to the seventh floor and then use the dark light to follow its steps. Head up to the Blooming Suite and you’ll see its tracks all over the place. Press the X button in front of the big wardrobe and the cat will pop out.
Flash it with the strobe light and then it’s true form will appear once again. Repeat the same process of turning around, standing still, and then using the light once the cat’s paws are raised up.
Once you deal damage to it, it’ll run away again into the connecting bathroom. Head into the bathroom and blow all of the leaves to reveal the cat once again. It’ll run away up one floor to the bathroom right above this one.
Head up the bathroom with the big watermelons and you’ll see the cat hiding in the bathtub. Blow air on the faucet to fill the tub up and then use the strobe light to fight Polterkitty once again. But, once you suck it up, it’ll be defeated, leaving you with the elevator key once and for all.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
To sum up how to beat Polterkitty in Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Follow its path by using the darklight to reveal its paw marks.
- First location is the soundstage with the burning buildings. Once she pounces on you, turn around and wait and then shoot the strobe light once its paws are raised up.
- Follow it to the room to the right and knock it off the rafters.
- Follow it to the seventh floor and head to the room with the big wardrobe. Examine the wardrobe, fight the cat, and then follow it to the bathroom.
- Blow the flowers away to reveal the cat and then it’ll run to the bathroom that is one floor up.
- Turn the faucet on in the bathtub to make the cat pop out and then use the strobe light on it to reveal its true form. Deal damage to it one last time to get the elevator button back.
Here are some other guides that you might be interested in: