Out of the black hole Fortnite: Battle Royale has remerged anew with a totally overhauled map, progression systems, and all-new gameplay mechanics. One such new mechanic gives players a few more options when it comes to sneaking around and remaining stealthy. Here’s how to hide in haystacks and dumpsters in Fortnite Chapter 2.
How to Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters in Fortnite Chapter 2
This one is nice and easy: to hide in haystacks and dumpsters simply walk over to them and follow the prompt as it appears. Basically, anything you can get inside of will bring up a button prompt (Square on PS4 or X on Xbox One). Simply hold the appropriate button and you’ll hop inside and hide, then press it again to hop back out.
Take note, though, while they make convenient hiding spots they don’t provide much in the way of protection; enemies can destroy the cover while you’re inside to reveal your whereabouts/ location.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here’s the TL;DR to sum up:
- Locate a haystack or dumpster and approach it.
- Wait for the button prompt and then hop in using either Square (PS4) or X (Xbox One).
- Press the same button to exit.
We’ve listed some related content you might find useful, but as always, if you don’t spot what you’re looking for then feel free to sound off in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
- What the Tier 100 Skin Looks Like (Season 1)
- How to Get Chapter 2 Season 1 Battle Pass
- What the Chapter 2 Season 1 Map Looks Like
- How to Swim
- How to Go Fishing & What It Does