FIFA 20 is finally here and you’ll can now jump into the new Volta mode or begin putting your Ultimate Team together. As usual, there are new mechanics that are overpowered. One that is great to learn and incorporate into your gameplay early is the fake shot. Here’s everything you need to know about how to fake shot in FIFA 20.
In FIFA 19, the fake shot, or the running one in particular, was very overpowered. When chaining them with players with high agility stats, you could almost warp past defenders, allowing you to get close to the goal easily.
How overpowered that’ll be in FIFA 19 isn’t clear yet, as the meta will take a few weeks to take shape and chaining moves has been made less effective, but it’ll always be at least a good option to create a little more space anywhere on the pitch.
How to Fake Shot in FIFA 20
There’s also a few different kinds of the move you can do in FIFA 20. There’s the normal one, which keeps the ball close to your players body, the running version that allows you to change direction quickly while sprinting, and the accelerating fake shot which is a larger animation that requires more space but can get you a lot more in better areas.
Here are the buttons you need to press to do each of the fake shot types in FIFA 20.
- Fake Shot – Circle then X quickly on PlayStation 4, B and then quickly press A on Xbox One, left mouse button and then quickly right mouse button on PC.
- Running Fake Shot – Circle then X quickly while holding R2 on PS4, B and then quickly press A while holding RT on Xbox One, left mouse button and then quickly right mouse button while holding left CTRL on PC.
- Speed Boost Fake Shot – Hold L1 while pressing circle and then X quickly, choosing exit direction with left thumbstick on PS4; hold LB while pressing B and then A quickly, choosing exit direction with left thumbstick on Xbox One; hold Left Shift while pressing left mouse button and then right mouse button quickly, choosing exit direction with mouse movement on PC.
Try to master all three and when is best to use them, because they are all likely to be great options when both attacking and defending in FIFA 20.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fake shot in FIFA 20. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our FIFA 20 wiki guide or search for Twinfinite. We have also listed some other helpful guides down below.
- How to Check Ultimate Team Pack Probability
- Ultimate Team Coins Quick Tips
- How to Get Seasons Objectives XP Fast & Easy