How to Get Exotic Weapons and Armor in Dauntless
At the moment, there are a handful of Exotic weapons and armor available in Dauntless, and there are three end game Behemoths tied to the grind: Rezakiri, Shrowd, and Charogg. Before you start hunting down these Exotics, first you’ll need to complete the main quests to unlock Heroic patrols.
Once you’ve reached the end game stage, you’ll also need to be ready to start dealing with high Threat level Behemoths, so make sure your gear is up to snuff.
All Exotic Armor & How to Get Them
There are three pieces of Exotic armor available in Dauntless right now, as listed below:
- Prismatic Grace: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Rezakiri or completing its Heroic patrol.
- Tragic Echo: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Shrowd or completing its Heroic patrol.
- The Skullforge: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Firebrand Charogg or completing its Heroic patrol.
All Exotic Weapons & How to Get Them in Dauntless
- There are also three Exotic weapons currently available in Dauntless, as listed below:
- The Hunger: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Shrowd or completing its Heroic patrol.
- Molten Edict: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Firebrand Charogg or completing its Heroic patrol.
- Godhand: Blueprint obtained by hunting the Rezakiri or completing its Heroic patrol.
How to Unlock Exotics in Dauntless
As mentioned previously, getting Exotics in Dauntless is a bit of a grind. Once you have Heroic patrols unlocked, you’ll now have a chance of receiving Exotic blueprints from defeating the right Behemoths. For instance, hunting Rezakiri will give you a chance of obtaining a blueprint for either the Godhand weapon or the Prismatic Grace.
You do not have to hunt the Behemoths through Heroic patrols for a chance at getting the blueprints, and simply encountering the Behemoth and killing it as you find it will work too; the Heroic patrols are just a prerequisite.
Once you’ve obtained the blueprints, you’ll then get to see the crafting materials required to actually craft the weapon or armor.
One important thing to note is that most of these blueprints require special materials, which can only be farmed in the Maelstrom. It doesn’t matter whether you’re farming the regular or Heroic versions of the Behemoth with the parts you want, as long as you’re in the Maelstrom.
Lastly, it’s also worth mentioning that the Exotic blueprint drop rates in Dauntless are pretty abysmal, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get any in your first few attempts. You’ll likely need to grind the same few Behemoths for a while before you see a single blueprint drop, allowing you to finally farm your required materials.
That’s all you need to know about how to unlock Exotic weapons and armor in Dauntless. Be sure to check our Dauntless guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
Here are a few other guides to get you started: