All Devil Breakers & What They Do in Devil May Cry 5
Nero, the young hero introduced with DMC 4, returns once again in Devil May Cry 5, with more skills than ever before. Instead of his demonic arm, this time around Nero has mechanical Devil Breaker arms that all have wildly different uses and effects. Here are all Devil Breakers and what they do in Devil May Cry 5.
Devil May Cry 5 has eight Devil Breakers in the main story, and you’ll unlock them all about halfway through.
However, there are also four additional breakers you can get by purchasing the Deluxe Edition of Devil May Cry 5, and they add on even more options for Nero’s moveset.
Using these breakers is mapped to the B (circle) button, and you can only use the Devil Breaker that’s currently equipped in the first slot.
Holding down B will let you use a powerful charge attack that destroys the arm in the process, or you can press LB (L1) to instantly explode the breaker and deal damage to surrounding enemies.
Here are all the Devil Breakers in Devil May Cry 5.
- Overture – Shoots a lightning blast forward on the ground or in the air, or blasts downed enemies. When charged sticks the breaker onto the enemy, which then explodes in a huge blast about 10 seconds later.
- Gerbera – Shoots a close range shockwave that damages and knocks back enemies. If you press left stick while pressing B the shockwave will propel Nero into the air. Charge attack is a huge Stamen Ray that can be controlled and causes huge damage.
- Punch Line – Just pressing B (circle) will shoot the arm out and have it track enemies, repeatedly hitting them. If you hold B (circle) while the arm is out Nero will jump on it and rocket surf. Charge attack will charge up a huge haymaker punch that blows back enemies.
- Tomboy – Hit B (circle) to equip the Tomboy on Nero’s weapons, powering up and changing his attacks. Ranged attacks are now a powerful aim-able blast, while combos are souped up and longer. Tomboy doesn’t have a charge attack, but charging it will do more damage and potentially break it.
- Helter Skelter – Press B (circle) to launch a drill attack at close range, and keep pressing B to add more attacks and damage. Charge attack is an aerial drill attack that shoots forward and breaks through barriers.
- Rawhide – Continually press B (circle) to use a close-range chain attack that hits multiple times in an area around you. Charge attack grabs a nearby enemy and spins them around Nero.
- Ragtime – Press B (circle) to launch a time sphere. Anything that enters the sphere is slowed. The charge attack will slow the entire world around Nero for roughly 15 seconds.
- Buster Arm – B (circle) hits the enemy with a damaging upper cut that can turn into a grab. The charge attack is an even stronger grab.
Devil Breakers in Devil May Cry 5’s Deluxe Edition
- Sweet Surrender – Pressing B (circle) will activate the arm and turn it green. As long as the arm is active it will slowly heal your vitality, but if you take a hit it breaks. The charge attack will release a burst of healing energy, restoring your vitality but breaking the arm.
- Gerbera-GP-01 – Exactly the same as the regular Gerbera, just different coloring.
- Pasta Breaker – Essentially a reskin of Punch Line, press B (circle) to shoot the arm out and have it track enemies. Cannot surf on it, but charge attack will stick the breaker in the enemy and have it hit them a ton of times until exploding.
- Mega Buster – Hitting B (circle) will shoot an energy blast, you can press the button repeatedly for rapid fire or let the gauge charge for a larger blast. The charge attack will shoot a massive charge beam. This breaker also changes Nero’s jump and dodge animation.