How to Unlock Grandmaster Difficulty in Anthem & What’s Different
Anthem’s campaign will take you on a bunch of different missions, however, once this ends, the fun doesn’t stop. Not only are there a bunch of end game things to do after beating Anthem, but there’s also a whole new Grandmaster difficulty to tackle. Here’s how to unlock Grandmaster difficulty in Anthem and what’s different.
How to Unlock Grandmaster Difficulty
There are actually three levels of Grandmaster difficulty in Anthem, Granmaster 1 through 3. Each one cranks up the challenge that little bit more than the last, but also increase your chances of nabbing some of the best gear in Anthem as drops.
To unlock all three levels of Grandmaster difficulty in Anthem, you must first reach level 30. That being said, you’re not necessarily going to be able to just hop into Grandmaster 3 when you do this, though, as 2 and 3 both have a recommended power level of 340 +.
Considering we finished Anthem’s campaign in the low 200’s, it’ll likely take you a good few hours extra of grinding in order to reach this recommended power level.
We’ve broken down how to unlock Grandmaster difficulty levels in Anthem below:
- Grandmaster 1 – Unlocked by reaching Pilot level 30 in Anthem. Recommended power level of 300.
- Grandmaster 2 – Unlocked by reaching level 30. Recommended power level of 340+.
- Grandmaster 3 – Unlocked by reaching the max level cap. Recommended power level of 340+.
What’s Different on Each Grandmaster Level in Anthem
As Grandmaster difficulty is basically some end game content in Anthem, you’ll find that the challenge seriously ramps up, but so do the rewards. You can check out what’s different and what changes when playing Anthem on each Grandmaster difficulty level down below.
- Grandmaster 1 – Increase enemy health and Damage by 165%. Increase Masterwork Drop chance by 164%.
- Grandmaster 2 – Increase enemy health and Damage by 430%. Increase Masterwork drop chance by 428%.
- Grandmaster 3 – Increase Enemy Health and Damage by 950%. Increase Masterwork drop chance by 956%.
As you can see, the main differences in Grandmaster difficulty settings comes in the form of increases to enemy health and damage, meaning they’re going to soak up more of your damage output, and wipe out your health bar far more efficiently.
On the flipside, you’ll have a significantly higher chance of getting Masterwork drops in Anthem, so it’s worth the effort!
There you have everything you need to know about how to unlock Grandmaster difficulty in Anthem and what’s different on each level. For more tips, tricks, and guides for this latest sci-fi adventure from BioWare, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki.