How to Throw Grenades in Anthem
Anthem is Bioware’s brand new mech-based multiplayer online RPG, suiting up players in Tony Starkesque mechs, armed to the teeth with all manner of hi-tech weaponry. Some of these include the handy grenade, here’s how to throw grenades in Anthem.
To throw a grenade, you press the shoulder buttons L1 for PS4, LB for Xbox One and Q on PC keyboards. After lobbing one, there’s a cooldown of around 12 seconds, after which you can throw another. A nice trick to speed up this cooldown is to leap in the air and hover, cutting the cooldown time in half.
Combining the weapons you use on the fly as you dart around through the air is key to reigning supreme in Anthem, grenades a great way to fell a foe when they’re on their last legs. Slow but powerful, the large explosion caused by a grenade can easily mop up a whole gaggle of enemies that foolishly huddle together.
As you aim with a grenade a handy arc and area of effect indicator will appear, letting you gauge just how far and just how wide you can spread the explosion.
Each Javelin class in Anthem has access to their own unique pool of abilities and weapons, including different types of grenades. Here’s a breakdown of some of the grenades your initial Ranger Class Javelin will have access to:
- Frag Grenade – A standard grenade, causes a small explosion when thrown.
- Frost Grenade – Inflicts ice damage when thrown, freezing enemies and rooting them to the spot for a limited amount of time.
- Sticky Bomb – Grips onto a target, soon to erupt with a powerful explosion.
- Seeker Grenades – A bomb that splits into two, hunting out nearby targets and homing in.
- Inferno Grenade – Causes a large blast that sets the targeted area ablaze, causing damage over time to enemies caught in the blast.
That should be everything you need to know on how to throw grenades in Anthem, for more guides, tips, and tricks, check out our dedicated and growing Anthem wiki.