How to Train in Pokemon GO
The battle system in Pokemon GO has seen quite a few changes over the years. With PvP recently being added, it’ll be helpful to know how to train your squad. Here’s everything you need to know about how to train in Pokemon GO.
Before the addition of Raids and PvP, you were able to train in Gyms scattered around the world. Gyms had a Prestige level and you were able to battle against a Gym controlled by your own team to increase the level and make it more secure.
You also needed to train to work towards a specific trainer badge. However, when everything changed and Raids were added, that feature was removed from the game.
Now that PvP has arrived, you can only train in the sense that you can battle against Team Leaders to get some more experience with the battle system, without losing or gaining anything tangible.
To battle against a team leader in Pokemon GO, you need to follow these steps in-game.
- First of all, click on the nearby box in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You’ll now see a new ‘Battle’ tab to the left of Raid and Pokemon.
- If you select the word Battle or swipe across to the left, you’ll see the options to ‘Challenge a Trainer’, a QR code that you are able to give to other players to begin a PvP match, and the three Team Leaders.
- If you select whichever Leader you want to battle, you will then see a screen that says ‘Train’ underneath a screen of the leader you chose.
- After you’ve clicked on Train, you’ll be able to choose which League you want to fight it, each of which has its own max CP cap.
- You will then be able to choose your party of three Pokemon to take into the battle.
- Confirm the Pokemon you want to use and the battle will begin.
- Once you’ve defeated the Trainer’s three ‘mon, you’ll be returned to the Pokemon Go main screen.
You don’t get awarded with any items for winning a battle against a Leader, as you would if you fought another player, but they’re fun nonetheless.
That’s everything you need to know about how to train in Pokemon GO. For more tips and tricks on the game, check out our Pokemon GO wiki guide.
Question: How do you train in Pokemon GO?
Answer: You can’t do so with gyms anymore, but you can test your skills by battling the team leaders.