How to Unlock Gofannon Forge in Destiny 2 Black Armory
Gofannon Forge is the latest content drop to be added via the Black Armory updates for Destiny 2. Here’s how to Unlock Gofannon Forge in Destiny 2, so you can continue on your quest in putting together a badass collection of lost legendary weapons.
The first thing you need to do is have cleared out the quest line for the Volundr Forge. It’s a pretty easy quest until you reach the boss, which is a hard power level DPS check.
Make sure you and your Fireteam are at the very least 600 power level before attempting it or you’re going to have a bad time, because it’s only going to get more challenging with the Gofannon Forge.
Getting started requires you to find the Stolen Black Armory Gear item which drops from Fallen enemies. Players are reporting that it drops more easily from the opening section of the new raid, Scourge of the Past, which you can enter on your own.
We’d recommend doing that if you are a high enough power level, and you should be if you’re going to even dream about completing this quest to its end. Return to Ada-1 in the Annex, and you’ll be able to begin the steps for unlocking Gofannon Forge in Destiny 2. Let’s break those down, because there are quite a few.
- Step 1: Kill Fallen with Precision Kills to drop Tainted Gear. You’ll need 35 of those, and then go to Spider in the Tangled Shore.
- Step 2: Complete the Cryo-Pod heroic public event on the Tangled Shore, and then kill 75 Fallen with melee attacks. Return to Spider.
- Step 3: Go to Earth, certain lost sectors will be targeted. Go there, travel through and your goal is to take out the boss along the way and then scan the Black Armory cache at the end. You’ll need to do this a few times before you continue on your quest for unlocking Gofannon Forge.
- Step 4: Go to Nessus and defeat two high-value target Captains. These are the large health barred captains that drop loot caches when defeated. For this one, you’re just going to need to roam a bit in Fallen areas on Nessus until they spawn and then take them out and loot the chest. Exodus Black is your best bet for farming.
- Step 5: Do yet another specific lost sector on Nessus. Your director will ping it on your map for you. Same deal as before and you’re halfway there to unlocking Gofannon Forge.
- Step 6: A new activity on Nessus will open up upon completion of Step 5. It’s a mini-mission that will involve you taking out a 620 power level boss, so bring a friend if you’re a bit low. Polaris Lance is a good weapon here if you have it since it’s a Servitor boss. Return to Ada-1 after this step.
- Step 7: Ada-1 will give you a Sniper Rifle frame. This will task you with getting another Weapon Core and Compound Ether from Fallen. The Weapon Core will need to be collected on Nessus. Check out our guide for the best way to find these caches containing them. But in short, look for yellow-barred shielded enemies, kill them, and the cache will be nearby.
- Step 8: After the last part is complete, get 25 precision sniper rifle kills, and defeat five powerful enemies.
- Step 9: We’re almost there to unlocking Gofannon Forge in Destiny 2, I promise. You’ll need radiant seeds. Killing any powerful enemy has a chance of dropping these seeds. Escalation Protocol is a pretty nice place to farm these or Lost Sector bosses which can drop many of them.
- Step 10: Finally, return to Ada-1, and she will tell you to ignite the Gofannon Forge. This will be a new location for you to visit on Nessus. Bring your two best mates and make sure you’re 620 because it’s going to be a bumpy ride.