How to Forge a Magmagat in CoD Black Ops 4
Here’s everything you need to know about how to forge a Magmagat in Blood of the Dead in CoD Black Ops 4 Zombies.
Magmagat is more than just a funny word in Black Ops 4. In fact, it’s part of a requirement for one of the game’s many trophies and achievements. For ‘Hot Stuff Coming Through’, you’ll have to forge a Magmagat in Blood of the Dead.
What will this give you for your troubles? A juicy bronze trophy and an achievement worth 15 Gamerscore.
First of all, you’ll need to know what the requirement means. Blood of the Dead is one of the maps that is exclusive to the Zombies mode in Black Ops 4. This also means that the trophy and achievement can only be acquired in that mode.
Blood of the Dead is a reimagining of the classic Black Ops II map Mob of the Dead. It also features returning characters Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen.
Although your instincts might be to set up your defenses and hold out for the oncoming invasion, that isn’t quite the main goal for this round. Remember, although survival is certainly required, the main objective is to forge a Magmagat in order to earn the Hot Stuff Coming Through trophy or achievement.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how to get the Magmagat in Blood of the Dead in Black Ops 4 Zombies.
Quick Steps for How to Get the Magmagat in Blood of the Dead
- Gather the components for the Magmagat, starting with the Blundergat Shotgun from the Mystery Box.
- Get the components for the Acidgat from the Transverse Tunnel, Sally Port, and Infirmary.
- Place the Acidgat in the Pack-a-Punch machine to get Vitriolic Withering.
- Place Vitriolic Withering into the fireplace in the Warden’s Office.
- Kill zombies until the skulls light up blue and take the Acidgat from the fireplace. It should now be tempered and glow blue.
- Make your way to New Industries (using our path noted below), using the blue barrels to keep the Acidgat tempered.
- Place the Acidgat in the green press while still glowing blue to get the Magmagat in Blood of the Dead.
Gathering the Components for the Magmagat in Blood of the Dead
In order to forge a Magmagat in CoD Black Ops 4, you’re going to first have to gather a few different components. First thing to note is that the Magmagat is essentially a fully evolved version of the Blundergat shotgun.
You’re going to need one of these for starters, and they can be found in any Mystery Box. Though, keep in mind, you’re going to be at the mercy of the RNG gods and the Mystery Box costs 950 each time you use it.
The first stage of evolution for your newly acquired weapon is the Acidgat. Three different parts are required to upgrade to the Acidgat, all of which can be found in the same locations every time. We’ve listed all Acidgat upgrade locations below.
Getting the Acidgat Components in Blood of the Dead
- Part 1: Transverse Tunnel – Can be found in the tunnel between New Industries and Power House.
- Part 2: Sally Port – Firstly for this part, you’ll need the Warden’s key. Activating both power switches will summon the Brutus enemy. Defeating it will earn you the key. The key can now be used on a sideroom door on the path to the Warden’s Office in Sally Port.
- Part 3: Infirmary – This last part is in a cabinet in the Infirmary. Your Warden’s key will make short work of the lock.
Turning the Acidgat into the Magmagat in Blood of the Dead Black Ops 4 Zombies
Before the weapon can be further upgraded to a Magmagat, it has to be turned into the Pack-a-Punch version. Simply place the Acidgat into a Pack-a-Punch machine, and it’ll spit out the Vitriolic Withering. Remember, you’ll need 5,000 points to use the Pack-a-Punch.
The time has now come to obtain that Magmagat. Firstly, head to the Warden’s House and place the Vitriolic Withering into the fireplace by pressing Square on PS4 or X on Xbox One.
Take down a few zombies near the fireplace until all three skulls light up with blue fire. Collect the Acidgat once more, which is now a Tempered Acidgat, indicated by its blue glow. You’ve almost got the Magamagat in Blood of the Dead.
Your next job is to get the tempered weapon over to New Industries. Unfortunately, the weapon will only remain in its tempered state for a limited time. In order to keep the weapon tempered, it is required to touch burning blue fire barrels on your way over to New Industries.
You can check out a screenshot of what the barrels look like below.
The best route we found to get to New Industries without our Tempered Acidgat losing its tempered state was to take the following path.
Warden’s House > Eagle Plaza (you can find a barrel to touch here) > Warden’s Office > Administration > Sally Port > Michigan Avenue (another barrel to be touched here) > Times Square (there’s another barrel here) > Cell Block Entrance > Recreation Yard (touch the barrel here) > Catwalk > West Grounds (touch the blue barrel here) > New Industries.
Phew, you’ve made it to New Industries; your quest is almost over! Place the tempered weapon into the massive green press. Once you’ve done all of that, you’ll have yourself a Magmagat and that Black Ops 4 trophy or achievement that you were after. You can now stick around and have some fun with your newly forged Magmagat, or go straight onto the next trophy or achievement on the list. The choice is yours.
And that’s all there is to know about how to forge a Magmagat in Blood of the Dead in Black Ops 4. For more on the game, including more guides on individual trophies and achievements, be sure to check out our Black Ops 4 wiki. We’ve also included some of our most popular guides for the game down below.
- How to Pack a Punch in Voyage of Despair (Pedestal Locations)
- How to Unlock All Blackout Characters
- How to Play with Friends (Blackout, Zombies, Multiplayer)
- All Prestige Emblems in Multiplayer