How to Complete All Season 5 Week 8 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale
Fortnite’s Season 5 week 8 challenges have arrived, and many players will be breathing a sigh of relief when they see just how easy they are. For whatever reason, the talented folk over at Epic Games has given us a considerably easier set of challenges for Season 5’s week 8, however, there may be one or two that still trip you up. Here’s what you need to know to complete all Season 5 week 8 challenges in Fortnite.
All Season 5 Week 8 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale
Season 5 Week 8 Free Challenges in Fortnite
- Place Traps (10) – Rejoice! We no longer have to get a trap kill. Instead, you just need to place 10 of them on building walls, your own structures etc. There’s no way to definitely get yourself traps in Fortnite, though they do tend to come inside llamas. They’re also more likely floor loot than something you’ll find in a chest, just something to keep in mind.
- Search Chests in Wailing Woods (7) – Wailing Woods is a pain in the ass for these search chests challenges in Fortnite, and so this is arguably the hardest of the week 8 challenges in Season 5. There aren’t a whole lot of chests in Wailing Woods, and with most Fortnite players fighting over them, it can be a little tedious. Use FortniteChests.Info to familiarize yourself with their landing locations, and then take a look around as you’re landing in. If there’s someone lower than you who’s going to get to a chest first, try zipping over to another one nearby. Failing that, we always like to just complete these challenges a few days after they’ve gone live. Makes things a heck of a lot less stressful!
- Shotgun Eliminations (4) – Not a whole lot to tell you about this one. Make sure you’re grabbing a shotgun as soon as you land, and pick off any players who land nearby with a few close-range blasts. Remember, shotguns – including the Heavy Shotgun – aren’t great at range and damage fall-off is pretty noticeable. As such, make sure you’re staying close to your target and not firing off shots that have no hope in landing. If you’re really struggling, drop into a Duo or Squads game and simply shoot any enemies you down with any of your weapons with your shotgun.
Season 5 Week 8 Battle Pass Challenges in Fortnite
- Deal Damage with a Pickaxe to Opponents (250) – This one is simply a case of landing somewhere busy, and hacking away at anyone that’ll stand there long enough for you to deal some damage. You’ll get 10 damage for every hit you deal with your pickaxe, so 25 hits and this’ll be yours. Paradise Palms and Tilted Towers tend to be pretty busy, as will Wailing Woods with the chest challenge currently on.
- Use a Rift at Different Rift Spawn Locations (10) – For this one, you’re going to want to familiarize yourself with where the rifts spawn on Fortnite’s map, if you haven’t already. Again, FortniteChests.Info is pretty fantastic for this. Our tip for this is to try and land at one in the desert biome, and use the rift you land at to travel to another nearby one. You can probably chain at least two or three together towards the north and south of the desert. Similarly, you can chain two together over at Viking Village and the rift to the north of Greasy Grove.
- Search Between Three Oversized Seats – Unsure of where the three oversized seats are in Fortnite. Check out our guide to lead you right to where the week 8 challenges’ treasure is.
- Stage 1: Eliminate an Opponent at Greasy Grove – This ‘Stages’ format of challenge was introduced in the Season 5 week 7 challenges just last week, but it was for chests rather than eliminations. Simply head to Greasy Grove, get an elimination, and then move onto the next location it gives you for Stage 2. There will likely be five stages to this, and we’ll update this post just as soon as we know all the locations you’ll need to head to in the subsequent stages.
That’s all you need to know to complete the Season 5 week 8 challenges in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and information on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki.