Tips and Tricks for The Walking Dead: Our World Beginners
The Walking Dead: Our World is a new augmented reality (AR) game that recently released for iOS and Android devices. The game works similarly to Pokemon Go, where you use the real world map to complete various missions that can change depending on a player’s physical location. It is more about shooting a ton of zombies in the head instead of catching and training Pokemon. Here are a few tips and tricks to help out players just starting out.
- Aim for the head. Zombies take damage no matter where you shoot them, but a headshot always causes a critical hit and is essential for quickly taking down a horde of shambling enemies. The walkers do not move until a shot is fired, so it gives ample time to line up a few easy kills long before they get too close.
- Save your coins. Coins are earned by completing missions and are required to level up everything. While common hero cards that help you fight drop within minutes of playtime, wait until a hero card with a higher rarity drops to begin upgrading. The early levels are very easy and do not require a partner.
- Upgrade perk cards immediately. The Sheriff’s Duffel Bag and Morgan’s Go Bag can increase the cap on energy and coins, respectively, so that takes priority. Energy lets you play more missions at a time, while coins can start to pile up if not being used.
- Turn the AR off. The game uses the camera to show the world around you as a backdrop to shooting tons of zombies as if they existed in the real world. It might be cool a few times, but the generic backgrounds work just as fine and waste less battery.
- Join a group. Joining a group opens the challenge menu, where your clan mates contribute to several challenges per week to earn a challenge pack. These challenges include clearing infestations and rescuing survivors. It is just another way to earn rewards.
That is just a few tips and ticks for new The Walking Dead: Our World players. Check back with Twinfinite for more guides and coverage.