Who Dies in Avengers Infinity War
SPOILER WARNING: Major spoilers for the ending of Avengers Infinity War below. You have been warned.
Avengers Infinity War has the biggest ensemble cast of characters in a Marvel film to date. A lot of characters go in, but unfortunately not a lot of characters come out on the other side.
While most of the deaths occur at the very end of the film, there were a few characters who didn’t make it that far. These are the characters who died prior to Thanos acquiring the final Infinity Stone:
- Heimdall (Stabbed by Corvus Glaive)
- Loki (Strangled by Thanos after Loki attempts to kill him)
- Ebony Maw (Defeated by Spider-Man and Iron Man)
- Gamora (Sacrificed by Thanos in exchange for the Soul Stone)
- Proxima Midnight (Killed in Wakanda)
- Cull Obsidian (Killed in Wakanda)
- Corvus Glave (Killed in Wakanda)
- Vision (Killed by Scarlet Witch as she destroys the Mind Stone. Killed a second time after Thanos reverses time to retrieve the Mind Stone)
If you’ve seen the film, you’ll remember the final scene where Thanos acquires the last of the six Infinity Stones. With a click of his fingers, he executes his final plan, killing half of all life in the universe. This of course means that several of Earth’s mightiest heroes (as well as many heroes from other planets) perished.
While the scene was quite long, characters were dying left, right, and center, and it may have been quite hard to keep up. Below is a list of every major character that died in Avengers Infinity War:
- Black Panther
- Doctor Strange
- Bucky Barnes
- Scarlet Witch
- Nick Fury
- Maria Hill
Again, lots and lots of people died, however those are the most notable, and major deaths that occurred in Avengers Infinity War.