How to Get Ghost Writers & What They Are in Yooka-Laylee
Chances are you’ve seen at least one of the Ghost Writers in Yooka-Laylee if you’ve jumped into one of the Grand Tomes. These guys are the colorful ghosts that inhabit each Grand Tome and, apparently, were the writers of each of the Grand Tomes.
More important than their interesting origins, however, is what you’ll get if you collect all five of them in a single level. Yep, you guessed right, another shiny Pagie for your collection.
Unfortunately, the Ghost Writers in Yooka-Laylee aren’t going to go down easily. At least, not all of them will. Each of the Ghost Writers has a unique behavior that makes them more difficult to acquire. Don’t worry, though, we’ve included a full list of the Ghost Writers, including how to get each one below.
- Yellow: This guy is the easiest of the Ghost Writers to catch in Yooka-Laylee. It doesn’t move at all, so simply find it and walk through it to catch him.
- Red: One of the tougher Ghost Writers, this one attacks the duo. As a result, you’ll need to evade its attacks and deal some damage right back at it straight away. As you deal damage, it’ll change color, indicating you’re close to catching it. Don’t let up and it’ll soon be yours.
- Green: There’s no real trick to catching this Ghost Writer. It’ll run away from you, so just chase after it and try and cut off its escape routes.
- Blue: You’ll hear this one giggling away when you’re nearby, and it’ll occasionally reveal itself before disappearing again. You’ll need to unlock Laylee’s Sonar Shot ability and press Y/ Triangle to fire it in its general direction. You’ll then be able to collect it.
- Pink: You’ll find this one with its mouth agape, and that’s your clue with what you have to do before you can grab it. Simply feed it something by using Yooka’s Slurp State ability until it becomes a more solid color. Run into it to round off your collection of Ghost Writers.
Unfortunately, there’s no recurring location you’ll find each of the Ghost Writers, but you’ll often stumble upon them as you explore each Grand Tome in Yooka-Laylee. Having trouble finding a particular one? Let us know down in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
For more tips, tricks, and information on Yooka-Laylee, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki guide.