The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has revealed that the mascot of the SEGA Saturn, Segata Sanshiro, will be playable in the upcoming Project X Zone 2. Gematsu also noted that the following three characters will be in the game as well:
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
- June Lin Milliam (Star Gladiator)
- Captian Commando (Captain Commando)
Sega Sanshiro was the Japanese mascot for the SEGA Saturn between 1997 and 1998. He later gained cult status due to his insane ads and his theme song which sees him beating up kids who don’t take gaming seriously. If you don’t believe me, here’s his unreleased music video:
Project X Zone 2 is being developed by Monolith Software and will be released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on Nov 12 and early 2016 in North America and Europe.
We reviewed the original Project X Zone back in Sept 9 where we gave the game 3 out of 5 praising the amount of characters and in-game encyclopedia.
So what do you think about the news that Segata Sanshiro is coming to Project X Zone 2? Let us know in the comments below.
- New and Old Heroes Arrive in Project X Zone 2
- Project X Zone 2 SDCC 2015 Hands-On Preview
- Destiny Lawsuit Confirms Story-Change Reddit Speculation
- The Witcher 3’s Hearts of Stone Expansion Drops Next Month