Publisher Coatsink has today announced the voice acting cast in its upcoming VR role-playing game, Augmented Empire. The esteemed cast includes Doug Cockle, the gruff voice behind Geralt from The Witcher series among several other notable names.
Other actors voicing characters in Augmented Empire include:
- Kate Mulgrew (Orange is the New Black, Star Trek Voyager)
- Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, HotFuzz)
- Doug Cockle (The Witcher series)
- Garrick Hagon (Star Wars: Episode IV-A New Hope, Horizon: Zero Dawn)
Augmented Empire is a cyberpunk tactical role-playing game for Samsung Gear VR. Played from an isometric, top down perspective, players navigate a team of 6 characters in X-COM-like strategic encounters. The game’s neo-noir setting not only feels wholly suitable for a VR game but it also functions brilliantly in a gameplay sense, too. Twinfinite played the game at EGX Rezzed and we were very impressed with how well VR felt applied in a strategy setting.
Coatsink CEO Tom Beardsmore told us “With a strong focus on deep but accessible gameplay, we wanted to give Gear VR Gamers an extraordinary experience. We’re thrilled with the caliber of talent involved in Augmented Empire”.
Augmented Empire is due to launch this summer for Samsung Gear VR. There has been no word on other platforms as of yet.
- Wolfenstein II’s Developer Believes Gaming “Encompasses All Other Art Forms”
- The Xbox One X Will Download 4K Assets, Whether You’ll Use Them or Not
- SNES Classic Edition Arrives September, Features Never Before Released Star Fox 2
- Final Fantasy XV’s ‘Episode Ignis’ DLC Release Month Has Been Revealed