Rocket League received an update today adding Hot Wheels-themed cars, more resolution options for PlayStation 4 Pro users, and various bug fixes.
The new Hot Wheels content includes the Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker cars, available for $1.99 each. Both cars come with six new decals and a set of wheels. All players will be able to receive a free Hot Wheels topper, Hot Wheels antenna, Treasure Hunt flag, and Shark Bite topper through item drops after finishing games. The “Player’s Choice Crate Series 1” may also drop after completing matches, and contains customization options voted on by the community.
PS4 Pro support allows 4K resolution at 60 FPS on a PS4 Pro and 1080p at 60 FPS on a standard PS4 for all arenas in single player and two player split-screen modes. Although, three and four player split-screens modes will have 60 FPS “in most arenas at the same resolutions,” developer Psyonix announced last week.
The Rocket League update also comes with bug fixes specifically for PS4 and other platforms, listed below. The full patch notes can be found here.
- “Infinite Power!” and “Mad Scientist” Achievements have been fixed
- “Lightning” Wheel is now properly named “Voltaic”
- [PS4]: “Insufficient Space” now properly displayed when attempting to save a reply when the console’s hard drive is full
- [PS4]: Saved replays will work properly when transferred from one PS4 to another
- Vehicle driver- and passenger-side windows no longer have Blue or Orange tint when Black Market decals are equipped
- Pressing shoulder buttons simultaneously no longer causes Item overlap on vehicle customization screen
- Chain link pattern no longer visible when using certain Rocket Trails
- Fixed performance issues with the Proton, Dark Matter, and Hypernova Rocket Trails.
- Licensed Car items can no longer be forced onto other Battle-Cars