Insomniac’s new Spider-Man game has fans hyped and for good reason: There are 27 different costumes, with some pretty interesting and useful abilities. Let’s see which ones are the most useful for you.
Obviously, more stitches = better suit. We jest, we have no idea how many stitches are in these costumes, but either way, let’s run through our favorites.
This is probably the costume that least looks like Spider-Man in the game. It’s cute because it’s a throwback to the early days of Spidey’s career, but it just doesn’t look as appealing as any other suit on this list.
27. Homemade Suit – No associated suit power
26. Velocity Suit – No associated suit power
25. Dark Suit – No associated suit power
24. Classic Suit (Damaged) – No associated suit power
23. Spider-Man 2099 Black Suit – Decrease gravity while in the air
22. Spider-Punk – Blasts enemies with waves of righteous sound
21. Classic Suit (Repaired) – Leap into the air and web everything in sight
20. Anti-Ock Suit – Distributed nano-mesh continuously refills current gadget’s shots
19. Advanced Suit – Hybrid biomembrane rapidly generates Focus for a short time
18. Vintage Comic Book Suit – Insult your enemy’s pride
17. Scarlet Spider Suit – Experimental AR tech spawns multiple Holo Decoys that stun attacking enemies before decaying
16. Electrically Insulated Suit – Kit bashed high-discharged capacitors temporarily electrify gauntlets, electrifying enemies
15. Negative Suit – Synchronizes nano mesh particles to unleash a devastating wave of negative energy
14. Iron Spider Suit – Wreak havoc with four articulated arms made from rapidly grown mono atomic iron alloy crystal
13. Noir Suit – Enemies no longer call for backup when alerted
12. Stark Suit – Call in a Spider-Bro to temporarily aid in combat
11. Stealth (Big Time) Suit – Create a distortion field that can obscure you from non-alerted enemies’ vision
10. Spirit Spider – Channels unstable waves of damaging ethereal from .. somewhere..
9. Spider-Man 2099 White Suit – Ventilated concussive technology temporarily sends enemies flying with every attack
8. Wrestler Suit – Web Throw enemies without having to web them up
7. Spider Armor – MK III Suit – Dynamic semi-liquid smart metal crystallizes to reflect all bullets, except for sniper rounds, back at shooters
6. Secret War Suit – Discharges amplified EMP build-up to stun enemies and disable their weapons
5. Spider Armor – MK II Suit – Magnetically polarized armor plating makes suit temporarily bullet-proof against all enemies, even snipers
4. Last Stand Suit – Enemies cannot block or interrupt your attacks, even if they have shields
3. Undies Suit – Everyone goes down in one hit, including you
2. Spider Armor – MK IV Suit – Experimental magnetic weave generates an energy shield that temporarily absorbs all damage
1. Fear Itself Suit – Assistive nano-musculature temporarily deals MASSIVE damage